How to Fake a Fever?
How to fake a fever, make your face flushed, warm, and sweaty. To prove your fever, you can heat up a thermometer. Add some more symptoms like low energy and a stuffed nose and you’ll soon be able to skip class or practice.
It is common for children to dislike school for various reasons, including too many homework assignments, not studying for exams, bullying or experiencing school anxiety. These children often try to avoid going to school. These are not foolproof ways to avoid school.
Fake a fever is one of the easiest ways to avoid work or meeting with family members. Failing to have a fever is one of the best ways to stay at home. It is not an ethical practice, but it can sometimes be the only and easiest way to avoid a problem.
First option: How to Raise the Temperature of Your Thermometer
1. The problem can be quickly resolved by heating up some water and running the thermometer.
The first step to convincing someone you have a fever is to raise the temperature of your thermometer with hot water. Place the tip in warm water and let it sit until the temperature reaches 100.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You might have noticed the phrase “quick fix.” This usually lasts for 2-3 minutes.
- The thermometer should not rise above 102° Fahrenheit (39° Celsius). If it does, you could be charged with lying or rushed to the hospital if it is still within the range. A fake will most likely be considered if it exceeds 107° Fahrenheit (42° Celsius).
2. The mercury thermometer tip can be shaken to increase its reading.
While the thermometer is in your hand, shake it to increase the temperature. The glass should not be shaken too hard, as it can reach an unimaginable high temperature if you are too violent. If the glass is shaken too hard, it will reach a very high temperature, and you will be caught lying.
- Mercury thermometers have a metallic tip at one end and are made of glass with printed numbers on the side. The mercury on the thermometer indicates the temperature.
- The thermometer can be held by the metal tip while shaking it. Point the remaining thermometer toward the ground and shake it to raise its temperature.
3. Heat a digital thermometer with your fingertips.
While remaining as still as possible, place the thermometer between your thumb on one hand and your index finger on the other hand. If you want the thermometer to read higher, rub your thumb with your finger as fast as you can.
- Usually, digital thermometers have a plastic casing with metal tips and a display at the other end.
4. Before your temperature is taken, drink something warm.
Take a few bites of the food or drink into your mouth for a while before swallowing it, especially if you are going to have someone take your temperature. Warm food and drinks, such as soup, should be taken before the person takes your temperature. You can wait until someone comes to your aid to take your temperature. Then, swallow quickly.
- When reading the thermometer, it is possible to use a small amount of warm liquid sitting under the tongue as a glue.
- It shouldn’t be too hot so that you get burns. It should taste pleasant and not hurt your mouth.
- If your parent/guardian trusts you, you can sometimes read the thermometer to them while they aren’t looking, as long as it’s not too far off from your real temperature.
Second option: Make yourself warm, flushed, and sweaty
1. Use a hot water bottle, heating pad, or heating blanket to warm your forehead.
Place a hot water bottle on your forehead to warm it. You can also use a heating pad, but make sure to cover your face. You don’t want your face to get burned!
- There won’t be a fever, but it’ll be warm enough that someone can touch your forehead to check you.
- Fake a fever with hot water bottles is an old trick that has been used for many years.
2. Boost your temperature naturally by consuming spicy foods
To naturally raise your temperature, you can eat a little of spicy foods like jalapenos, chilies, and peppers. If these foods are available, you can eat a little of them to raise your body temperature. Don’t overdo it. If you eat too much spicy food, your body may become ill or in pain.
- You can reduce the heat by drinking milk if you consume too much spicy food or go overboard.
- Having a bowl of curry is also a wonderful option. It’s a delicious way to eat lunch without needing to fake fever symptoms.
3. To look more radiant, get up and do some exercise.
Cover your head with a blanket for a few moments. Reflected heat will make your forehead appear flushed and raise its temperature.
- Trying jogging or jumping jacks will also make your skin flush, which will make you more likely to believe that it is a fever.
4. You can make your skin sweat by applying a washcloth to it or spraying it with water.
The washcloth should be warm enough to be placed on your face after a few seconds of warm water. Leave it on for a few minutes before you remove it. You can also spray a fine mist of water on your face to make it more pleasant.
- Keep your face dry. You don’t want to appear clammy or sweaty.
Third option: By adding symptoms
1. It would be more accurate to say you’re cold rather than hot.
When you’re suffering from a fever, you might feel cold even though your body feels warm. Keep covered or dressed warmly when someone comes to your home. Tell them that you feel cold and that you think you have a fever. In that case, they might suggest using fewer blankets to cool down. Tell them you are too cold. You might be forced to take the blanket from them. If this happens, they may complain that the blanket is too cold.
- You can make your performance more impactful by adding subtle shivers. If your mouth trembles, you don’t need to shake your body.
2. Show signs of fatigue
In order to fake a fever you must move around like you are having fun. You must not move around like you should not have any energy. Let me give you an example:
- Place your head against the arm of your seat if you are seated.
- Stumble forward or tilt your head to the side. Stand tall and allow your body to lean forward.
- Make your eyes appear heavy and not fully open by lowering your gaze so they are partially closed.
3. Act as if you do not have any appetite.
A fever may also cause an insufficient appetite. Asking for anything just makes you look ill. Instead of asking for food, ask for warm water or tea. You might even consider something simple like soup or toast.
- Don’t eat your favorite foods if you want to really make an impression. This can have the effect of making people think you’re sick.
4. It’s a really fun way to play sick, cough, sneeze, and sneeze.
A fever is always a common sign of a cold. You can make it more convincing by adding some sniffles, a cough, and/or sneezes to your bed or room. You can also arrange tissues around the area.
- Foods that are spicy can make your nose run!
5. You can make a fake cold by creating a stomachache or headache.
Fake a fever with headache, or a stomachache if you’re not comfortable faking a cold. Hold the area that feels unwell. If you pretend to have a stomachache, go to the bathroom and wait longer than usual before coming back.
- You might say, “I feel like my head is spinning” or “I have a really bad stomachache.”
6. Be careful not to overdo it.
A realistic act is better than a dramatic one. If you worsen the illness too much, they get suspicious or may want to see you at the doctor. If you add more than one or two symptoms to the “fever,” they may realize you fake fever.
- As an example, it would be a little too much to cough, say you have to vomit, and then moan while you lay on the floor.
Fourth option: Confession if caught
1. Tell the truth if you are confronted.
If your parent witnesses you using a thermometer to heat water or pressing a hot bottle against your head to simulate a fever, you should admit it right away. Even if you are tempted by denial to continue the act after you are caught, you will only get into more trouble.
- Say, for example, “You’re right, I was only pretending not to be sick.”
2. Explain why you are acting sick.
You will be extremely upset if your guardians or parents find out that you took extreme measures to avoid going to school, practice, or other obligations. Don’t lie more about why you don’t want to go. Be open and honest, not trying to make excuses.
- A good example would be “I had a history test today and didn’t study.” In order not to fail the test, I pretended to be sick.
3. Reapologize for lying.
Apologize for any trickery you may have done after coming out. Let them know you regret doing it. Be aware that you might not be trusted if you lie.
- You might say, “I’m sorry that I did what I did.” I apologize for what I did, and I won’t do it again.
4. You must accept the consequences.
You may be punished by your guardian or parent if they discover your lies. Instead of fighting or complaining, accept the consequences.
- Stay out of trouble. It will take a lot of work to regain their trust. You need to be trustworthy, responsible, and helpful.